SUBJECT LEADER CHEMISTRY
1.0 FTE TLR 2.2 (2B) £4,440
Start date: 1 September 2018
Due to internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has become available to join the Science faculty. We would love to hear from you if you are a highly motivated and experienced Teacher of Chemistry or you are already a Subject Leader. As part of the Science Leadership Team, you will support the Head of Faculty in leading the department to become a centre of excellence for Science, providing outstanding teaching and excellent outcomes for all students.
To be considered for the role you will be able to demonstrate that you are;
Able to provide clear, cohesive leadership and direction in teaching and learning in the subject area and manage and motivate teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative teaching strategies to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and achievement;
- Able to play a key role in the School’s middle leadership and management structure, assisting the Head of Faculty in creating a vision, sense of purpose and pride about the Department and its work;
- Are an outstanding an passionate Teacher of Chemistry;
- Have the belief that every student can be successful;
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results;
- A teacher who has vision, drive and a determination to succeed in maximising attainment potential
- You will also have a great sense of humour!
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 – 19 Upper School with 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres (one of which is on site) and a cinema.
For an informal discussion, please contact Miss Childs on 01373 465353.
We are committed to offering excellent opportunities for CPD.
For more information and a full Job Description, Person Specification and application process, please see www.fromecollege.org
Applications should be returned by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018 (8:00am)
Interview date: Thursday 24th May 2018
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.