GRAVESEND GRAMMAR SCHOOL
SUBJECT LEADER - CHEMISTRY
We are looking to appoint an experienced science graduate to join our successful and high achieving Science Department in an ‘outstanding’ School (OFSTED July 2015). We are interested in someone who will contribute positively to the full range of teaching in this 11 – 18 selective school.
· A qualified teacher of Science able to teach their specialism to A-level;
· Someone who is flexible, enthusiastic and innovative;
· Someone willing to take an active role in the department, developing and sharing innovative and rigorous
approaches to learning and continuing to improve a successful department;
· A person who will be able to contribute to the wider School activities; and
· Someone who would work under a Head of Science to lead Chemistry.
· Experienced, supportive and enthusiastic colleagues in a successful and popular department and school ;
· Able and enthusiastic students who “are keen to achieve” and who make “excellent progress in Science” (OFSTED);
· A well-resourced department with refurbished laboratories and experienced technicians;
· Popular A-level science courses (currently seven science classes in Y12: three in Biology, two in Chemistry and
three in Physics) and separate sciences taught to all but one set at GCSE; and
· A regenerating local community with fast links to London and Europe.
If you want to know more visit our website to view the prospectus and download an application form. Hard copy information packs are available by contacting Hilary Humphreys, Head’s PA. To discuss the position further, please contact the Subject Leader, Simon Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted using the School’s Application Form – this can be downloaded from our website or by using the link on this advertisement. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday, 20th February 2018 Interviews: will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
This appointment will be for September 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Church Walk, Gravesend, Kent DA12 2PR
Telephone: 01474 331893
An Academy in the Gravesend Grammar School Academies Trust