An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a full time Subject Leader for Design & Technology at The Oxford Academy. We are a Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016 and ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is positive.
The school inhabits an award winning, purpose built environment, which was opened in 2011, with good facilities for D&T. The Design and Technology department comprises a small, but enthusiastic team which is quickly evolving and developing.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as Subject Leader. The department currently offers a range of courses including, BTEC Engineering, GCSE and NCFE Food and GCSE Technology and NCFE Craft.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with outstanding subject knowledge
• Demonstrate focused leadership skills which will drive up results across all key stages and advance the quality of teaching and learning within the department
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching and learning
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning
•• Have a vision as to subject development both inside and outside the school and play a fundamental role in implementing this
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behaviour, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning
If you have, any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing Date: midday Monday 17 June 2019, however applications will be consider on receipt.
We regret that if you do not receive any correspondence by 21 June 2019, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.