LAURUS TRUST CHEADLE HULME HIGH SCHOOL
Would you like to help make the best better?
We are seeking to appoint:
Subject Leader for English
Required from Easter or Whit 2018
This post has arisen due the promotion of the current post holder to Trust Director for English.
We are looking for an individual who
- Has excellent and demonstrable subject knowledge and can deliver high quality teaching and learning across all key stages
- Inspires students to strive for excellence and is committed to our ethos that we do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure that all students achieve their potential
- Can lead and develop a talented team effectively.
- Can work collaboratively with the Trust Director for English.
Cheadle Hulme High School is the founder school of the Laurus Trust, a new Multi-Academy Trust in the North West of England. In the list of top secondary state schools CHHS was judged outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
In the 2017 Progress 8 Headline measure CHHS came in the top 3% of schools nationally and also ranked as the 18th non-denominational comprehensive school nationwide in the annual Times Parent Power Survey and number 1 in the North West. 68% of students achieved the gold standard of 9-5 in English and mathematics, with 10% of the cohort achieving grade 9s.
We are home to the Altius Alliance centre of excellence providing School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT), judged Outstanding by OFSTED in November 2017.
Our leaders passionately believe in creating a supportive culture where all our staff can develop and thrive. We actively promote flexible working opportunities. Our staff tell us “It is a privilege to work at CHHS. I feel that our hard work is recognised, valued and appreciated by the leadership team and opportunities to further develop professionally are promoted and encouraged” (Head of Science, CHHS.)
In 2015 our Ofsted report stated:
- Leaders at every level share a passion for students to succeed and for the school to be a beacon of excellence within the community.
- Staff at the school are extremely well led.
- Staff remarked “not only are the students looked after, so are we”
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to join our team, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply, click on the 'Quick Apply' button below (CVs are not accepted) as soon as possible. Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 22nd Jan 2018
Interviews to be held the week commencing Monday 29th Jan.
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.