We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Food & Nutrition to lead the department from September 2018 on a full time, permanent basis. There is scope for an appropriately qualified and experienced teacher to also lead Health & Social Care. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting learning, have high expectations of all students’ achievement and will approach the job with enthusiasm.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Progress 8 results place us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will have:
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status), and enthusiastic teacher of Food & Nutrition who can inspire and engage young people
- A passion for the subjects, and the ability to share this with young people
- The ability to teach Food and Nutrition at KS3 and KS4.
- An ability to teach other areas of Design and Technology would be advantageous
- The ability to teach Health & Social Care at KS4 and/or KS5 would be advantageous
- The ability to motivate staff and students, with a proven track record of excellent results and impact within their current department
- The ability to give clear direction in the leadership and teaching of Food & Nutrition
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent ICT and organisational skills
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the commitment to raising student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates.
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 15 January 2018.
An application form and further details may be downloaded from the “Work at The Weald” page (Teaching Vacancies) on our website www.theweald.org.uk or requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.