Kingsford Community School is a vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students and has excellent facilities in all subject areas. The School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom over sixty per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and is rated by Ofsted as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a well-qualified, effective and enthusiastic Subject Leader of History for the History Learning Area. The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and teaching History, have a proven track record in ensuring excellent academic and other pupil outcomes in the subject and the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills.
For this teaching post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
• Has a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in History GCSE examinations.
• Can provide leadership, innovation and direction in the Learning and Teaching of History.
• Can lead staff within the subject in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive school with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment for excellent pupil progress.
• Will develop a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the subject.
• Has the ability to create and plan a History curriculum that will develop pupil's skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning.
• Has experience of working with and supporting pupils who have a range of Academic, SEN and Behavioural needs.
We can offer:
• A committed and successful Learning Area Team
• Encouragement for innovation and creativity
• An excellent CPD Package
Previous experience of teaching History at KS3 and KS4 is essential. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be considered for the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is 9:00am on Friday 15th November 2019.