The Cooperative Academy of Leeds is a popular and genuinely comprehensive 11-18 school located just outside the city centre of Leeds, with easy access from major motorways and good transport links.
The Academy is part of the Cooperative Academies Trust, which currently comprises six secondary Academies in Leeds, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent and five primary Academies based in Leeds, although there are plans for expansion across both phases in the coming years.
Since our last Ofsted inspection, when the Academy was judged to Require Improvement, we have made significant advances in the quality of teaching and learning and the progress of our students is rapidly improving. We are fully committed to working towards our ambition of becoming a Good and then Outstanding Academy and wish to welcome an inspiring and driven colleague who will share this goal. Our most recent monitoring visit determined that the academy is taking "effective action" towards being good in the next full inspection.
We are seeking to appoint a Subject Leader in Geography to support us in our drive for improvement.
You will be:
- An effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating students
- Able to plan for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
- Committed to working closely with leadership to raise student aspiration and achievement
- Able to coach, inspire and enthuse students effectively
- Passionate about child-centred educational values as espoused by Co-op Academies Trust
You can expect:
- Outstanding professional support
- Opportunities for career development
- An Academy with a burgeoning reputation for improvement
- The support of a forward-looking and values-driven Academies Trust
- A vibrant and dynamic student body which deserves the very best in teaching and support
The successful candidate will be joining us at our most exciting time and will play a substantial role in building on our vision for continued future success.
Any candidate wishing to visit the Academy prior to submitting an application is encouraged to contact us using the email address shown below to arrange this.
Applicants are to apply by obtaining all application details from our website by following the link: http://www.cal.coop/about/vacancies
Closing date: 04 May 2018 02:00 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.