“Seeking excellence, success & opportunity in an inspiring community where students and learning come first”
A fully inclusive school in the heart of the redeveloping Docklands region of East London
This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 pupils has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for pupils of whom fifty per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and was rated by Ofsted in 2017 as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Subject Leader for History for the History Learning Area. The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and teaching History, have a proven track record ensuring excellent academic and other pupil outcomes in the subject, the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills and a commitment to raising standards of progress and attainment.
For this teaching post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
- Has a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in History GCSE examinations.
- Can provide leadership, innovation and direction in the Learning and Teaching of History.
- Can lead staff within the subject in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive school with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment for excellent pupil progress.
- Will develop a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the subject.
- Has the ability to create and plan a History curriculum that will develop pupil's skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning.
- Has experience of representing and supporting pupils with a range of SEN, Behavioural and Academic needs.
We can offer:
- A committed and successful subject.
- Encouragement for innovation and creativity.
- An excellent CPD Package.
- Childcare Vouchers
Previous experience of teaching History at KS3 and KS4 is essential. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be considered for the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or telephone 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is 9am on Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Interviews: Wednesday 10th January 2018.
KINGSFORD COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Kingsford Way, Beckton,
London E6 5JG.
Telephone: 020 7476 4700