Newcastle-under-Lyme College is a highly successful tertiary college based in North Staffordshire and is an outstanding, innovative and highly responsive centre for education and training. Our purpose built £60m building opened in January 2010 and provides staff and students with some of the country’s finest learning facilities.
Working in the Faculty of Academic and Creative Studies, we are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, enthusiastic and experienced Lecturer in A-Level Law to either fill the position of Subject Leader or Lecturer depending on your previous experience. This position will also involve an element of delivery on the Law module of our Access programme.
To be successful you will have a strong track record and the ability to contribute to the high-quality delivery of our A-Level Law qualification. You must be able to help us to stretch, challenge and raise the aspirations of our learners at all levels. For the Subject Leader position you will have detailed knowledge of the A Level syllabus along with the ability to provide effective leadership and innovation, co-ordinating the delivery of excellent standards of teaching and learning across the provision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain Relevant degree
- A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area
What’s in it for you?
- The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave (plus Christmas closure period and bank holidays)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Curriculum Leader / Lecturer in Law, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 4th December 2016 with Interviews to be held on 12th December 2016.