Subject Leader of Drama Maternity Cover ¦ Full time ¦ Required from 1st September 2019 until the return of the present post holder ¦ MPS/UPS + TLR 2b £4326 ¦ Pension Scheme (TPS) + Health benefits + Additional Newman benefits
Newman RC College is an inclusive 11-16 voluntary aided school located in Oldham, ten minutes from Manchester city centre and the breath-taking Pennines. The school is situated in a new building with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoys excellent transport links. We are heavily oversubscribed, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016 and subsequently awarded Greater Manchester School of the Year by Manchester Evening News. We are blessed to represent a ‘close-knit’, diverse and talented Catholic community that sees relationships with students and their families as integral to the success of every individual, as well as the belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential, irrespective of background.
We are seeking to appoint a creative, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Subject Leader of Drama to cover a period of maternity leave until the return of the present post holder. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- the necessary experience and confidence to manage a department
- a determination to make a difference
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
- ability, commitment and enthusiasm to take on extracurricular responsibilities.
What we can offer you:
- An excellent opportunity to experience a department leadership role
- Experience of teaching in an Ofsted graded GOOD school (May 2016)
- State of the art facilities, including a committed drama studio, state of the art performance hall with stage and lighting facilities, dance studio, technical support and musical accompaniment.
- An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
- A dedicated staff wellbeing team and college funded Employee Assistance Programme
(Please see the employer of choice booklet for further details).
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college's Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Please email completed applications to the following email address. If you need an application pack to be posted to your address, please contact:
Hayley Cassell ¦ Senior HR Administrator ¦ Blessed John Henry Newman RC College ¦ Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201 ¦ Email: email@example.com