This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued. The Governors are looking for a candidate that has a passion for Geography, be hard-working, flexible and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for students.
The successful candidate will :
· Be able to teach GCSE and A Level
· Have a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like in the teaching of Geography
· Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
· Have the ability to teach all key stages
What we offer:
· Leadership Programmes
· Progression Opportunities
· Teacher Training Programmes
· Comprehensive CPD programme
· NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
· Teaching and Learning Forum
· Professional Thursdays
Our department offer:
· An all-inclusive department where staff are totally committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students
· A department where students flourish and are enthusiastic about the subject
· Field study trips to Epping, Stratford, Lake District and Iceland
· A very popular choice at GCSE
· Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
· Free car parking
· 100 % interest free season ticket loan
· Tax free bikes for work
· Teacher’s Pension Scheme
St Ignatius College is:
· A Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
· A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
· Judged ‘good’ by Ofsted: a school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
· A school where students are courteous and respectful at all times
· Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please click on the apply button below.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St. Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 26th March 2018
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend interview if required.