We are seeking a caring and dynamic Subject Leader of Humanities in the Senior School for September 2019. The successful candidate will be a highly competent teacher with the ability to promote the well-being of students and improve the standard of learning and achievement.
Essential skills and qualities
- A clear focus on ensuring highly effective teaching and learning
- The ability to create a happy and stimulating learning environment, and promote a culture of respect
- The ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Calm, friendly, and diplomatic
- Flexible, resilient, and enthusiastic
- Commitment to the school’s strategic objectives, and compliance with the school’s policies, and the regulations of the Qatar Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Effective planning skills and evidence of supporting school improvement
- A willingness to share skills and knowledge with others and to develop professionally
- The ability to lead by example, and develop a strong team approach
- Strong knowledge and experience of the British Curriculum, and understanding of the local and international context.
Key responsibilities include
- Leadership of the teaching team in matters relating to curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment
- Managing the performance of the teaching team
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to ensure standards are enhanced and all requirements are implemented within the department
- Day to day operational management of the department
- Leadership of the department in support of annual school improvement plans
- Responsibility for student achievement and the tracking of student progress
Compensation and Benefits
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax free salary based on years of experience.
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants (with home delivery service), swimming pools, gymnasiums, basketball, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields, and many other excellent facilities.
- End of service benefits.
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Housing allowance or free accommodation.
- Furniture allowance
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
- Reimbursement of local medical expenses.
- Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
- School will arrange and pay for your work visa and Qatar residency permit.
- Teachers with families receive additional support for their family members, including larger housing allowance, higher excess baggage allowance, schooling, tickets, and help with visa expenses.
- Beautiful weather and year round sunshine!
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to Apply
To apply please send the following:
- Completed AKIS application form
- Details of at least three referees, including their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
The deadline for receipt of applications is 18 February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.