The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Subject Leader for Maths. This role at King Edward VI Academy one of our Ofsted rated ‘good’ Academies could be the ideal next step in your career.
Giving our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
You will be required to be responsible for leading the subject of Maths across all Key Stages.
32.5 hours per week worked over 39 weeks of the year
Salary & Benefits
· Main pay scale (dependant on experience) plus TLR1
· Access to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Evidence of recent professional development or in-service training
· Degree or equivalent professional qualification
· The implications of academy status
· Maintaining a high standard of teaching and learning
· The central role of ICT in teaching and learning
· Curriculum issues and development
· Improvement – raising achievement
· An understanding of Maths teaching
· Enable students to achieve high expectations through good quality teaching and learning
· Inspire students to have high aspirations and achieve their full potential
· Build and maintain relationships with staff, governors, parents, students and the community
· Inspire, motivate, challenge and empower others
· Build and manage effective team(s)
· Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and motivation
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6th November 2017
KEVI Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.