At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We enable our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. Our school vision is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff and subject team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We work in partnership with an organisation called Sycol which supports us in ensuring that we have clear systems of continuous school improvement in place. Through this partnership, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. Termly innovation projects involve every member of staff, helping us quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team. These projects ensure that systemic school improvement is embedded in everything we do. We are united in our focus to continuously improve and develop; this results in a tangible energy and drive across our whole staff team as we learn and move forward together.
We are a small school at the moment and are growing in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon. We maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our intention is to develop the school so that it has STEAM specialism (the ‘A’ is for Art) whilst at the same time retaining a breadth of curriculum offer for our students.
From September 2021 French will be the only language studied at Northolt High School. We are open to suggestions about potentially growing the department to either introduce a second language in the future and/or increase the number of GCSE groups studying MFL. At the moment, whilst we have a sixth form, we do not offer A Levels in MFL - again this is something we are hopeful to be able to reintroduce in the future.
We will be the right school for you if you are committed to:
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in Modern Foreign Languages;
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of school- wide continuous improvement;
- Continue to promote the profile of the MFL department through contributions to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career (we have a well developed approach to professional development including a superb dedicated CPD website);
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work/life balance;
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- A commitment to providing high quality opportunities for you to continue your professional learning.
A Job Description & Person Specification plus an application form can be found on our website: www.northolthigh.org.uk
Interviews will be held remotely and will take place in two stages, with a Learning and Teaching interview followed by a general interview. We operate a supportive interview process with the aim of “catching you in rather than catching you out”. If you would like to find out more about the school prior to your application, please contact Lauren Weeks, the Headteacher’s PA on the details below.
Please email your application to the Headteacher’s PA at: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 19th May 2021.
Interviews to be held on Friday 21st May 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about
Northolt High School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Northolt High School is a great place to work. Join us if you are keen to be a part of a tightly-knit and supportive staff team with a sharp focus on continuous improvement. We look after our members of staff well, so that in turn you are able to pro...