Subject Leader of Performing Arts
£23720 to £39406 + TLR 2b
Required for September 2019
Forge Valley School is an 11-18 Academy sponsored by Tapton School Academy Trust. Our school ethos is founded on the principal that ambition and endeavour are key components in achieving success. Currently serving around 1300 pupils, our new, purpose-built, £27 million learning environment has excellent facilities to help us deliver our curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader of Performing Arts. As leader of Performing Arts, you will be responsible for the quality of education in both Music and Drama.
Currently only Music is delivered at, Key Stage 3 and it will be a requirement of the post holder to introduce Drama into the curriculum at Key Stage 3 and to develop it further at Key Stage 4.
This is an excellent opportunity for a visionary subject leader to shape Performing Arts at Forge Valley School into an outstanding area of our provision.
• passionate about teaching and learning?
• an excellent practitioner with a positive attitude?
• an outstanding and innovative teacher?
• able to teach across a range of ages and abilities?
• a firm believer in the potential of all pupils?
We can offer you:
• the opportunity for professional growth
• first class continuing professional development opportunities
• a modern, £27 million, state of the art working environment
• access to an on-site gym which is free to staff members
Forge Valley is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates must converse at ease with members of the public and students and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role.
For further information, to visit the school or to request an application pack, please contact:-
Lorna Jennings – PA to Headteacher
Forge Valley School, Wood Lane, Sheffield, S6 5HG
Telephone: 0114 234 8805
or go to
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ON THE TAPTON ACADEMY APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMITTED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE
Closing date: Thursday 21 March 2019 – 12 noon