We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational and talented teacher to join our Science team from January 2020. Working with the Subject Leaders of Science, you will lead, manage and develop the teaching and learning, with the view to further improving rates of progress for students studying Physics.
You will report directly to the Subject Leaders for Science. The role will focus on teaching, learning and assessment, alongside the coaching and development of staff within the Science team. This role would suit an ambitious and consistently good or outstanding teacher looking to develop their career in middle leadership. You will benefit from a balanced timetable and the support of a very able and knowledgeable leadership team. An ability to develop and inspire young people and contribute to school improvement is essential. The ideal candidate will be a Physics specialist with experience of successfully driving standards within Physics, across years 7 to 11.
We welcome applications from colleagues who want to be part of a positive and forward thinking team at this exciting time for the school.
To be successful, you will:
· engage and enthuse our learners through a commitment to outstanding teaching and learning;
· have high expectations of students and help to drive student aspirations;
· contribute to the development of a strong and forward-looking team;
· be innovative in your techniques to motivate and inspire young people;
· build positive relationships with staff, students and parents alike.
· relatively small class sizes;
· a calm teaching environment where behaviour for learning is good;
· superb career development opportunities;
· bespoke CPD opportunities to enhance professional growth;
· exceptional teaching and learning facilities and resources.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disclosure and barring services check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
Horizon Community College reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date above.