Do you have a passion for Physics and want to enthuse students?
Do you want to lead an outstanding, passionate and supportive team?
Do you want to grow with a growing school?
The Woolwich Polytechnic vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational at Post 16 and is rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Subject Leader of Physics with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching. An individual that will lead and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. We encourage applications from teachers who excel in dynamic and fast-paced environments, who feel they can bring innovation to an already effective department. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Physics
• The ability to lead a motivated and dedicated team.
• The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of Physics within the school.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 24th February 2020. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 2nd March 2020.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.