A vacancy has arisen for an experienced and well-qualified teacher of RE who can demonstrate excellent leadership skills, with the drive and enthusiasm to take up the role of middle leader and take this improving department through to the next stage of its development.
We are seeking an outstanding classroom practitioner to lead and manage this core subject. The successful candidate is expected to have the following:
• an excellent track record of examination results at KS4;
• successful experience in managing an area of Religious Education within a school;
• the drive to raise the profile of Religious Education across the school;
• understanding of assessment without levels;
• understanding of the new GCSE English Religious Education requirements;
• the ability to motivate and inspire students and staff;
• a willingness to contribute to the school’s Catholic Christian ethos and broader aspects of the school.
Ofsted, February 2019, stated:
• Pupils are typically friendly and polite. Most show respect towards staff and each other.
• Pupils generally work hard during lessons.
• Middle leadership has developed significantly. Middle leaders are now closely supported by senior colleagues. They have strengthened systems for monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching in their subjects.
If you are looking for a rewarding career with students who will respond positively to creative and engaging learning opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Please note that applicants for this post must be practicing Catholics.
Application form and further details can be obtained from the school website www.staugs.org.uk . Only applications completed on the CES application form will be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th February 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 25th February 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 4th March 2020
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of Mrs G Lynch, Headteacher.