Subject Leader Social Science: Outer London Pay Scale £35k - £48k
Required for September 2019
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2017: 84% of students gained 4+ EM; 58% gained 5+ EM
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced candidate to join a hard-working, enthusiastic and forward-thinking department that currently has three full-time members of staff. Staff teach Psychology and/or Sociology across Years 12 and 13.
The department has a highly collaborative approach to working. The ethos of the department is based on the idea of supporting each student. We provide learning resources which enable all students to maximise their potential. We also believe it is important to provide an attractive and stimulating learning environment for students. Lessons themselves are carefully structured to allow for active teacher and student led learning, with a tight focus on exam board requirements. This ethos leads to a high recruitment and retention rate, as well as successful exam results.
Department reviews by the senior leadership team and the 2015 Ofsted inspection have shown the department to have outstanding practice and leadership.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes’ train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Applications which should be made to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by 9am Tuesday 19th March 2019 at the latest. We will interview suitable candidates as applications are received and, if we appoint, we will close the vacancy before 19th March.
Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Surrey SM3 8PW
Tel: 020 8644 5790
Email: HR@cheam.sutton.sch.uk Website: www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.