Kenton School is a vibrant and inclusive secondary school at the heart of the community in which we serve. With just over 1,800 students, we are amongst the largest schools in the North East.
At Kenton, we are passionate about providing the very best education possible for young people in our city, our region and nationally and our strong and committed team share our vision of ensuring all our students not only reach their potential but that they are confident, happy and resilient students who treat each other with compassion and respect.
An exciting opportunity has arisen through the establishment of a new provision at our school. The In School Enhanced Inclusion Programme will have the core aim of ensuring students who are disengaged from mainstream education have their curriculum needs met through bespoke and high quality intervention and support.
We are seeking a capable and inspiring Support Assistant to work within our In School Enhanced Inclusion Programme, alongside the Programme Manager, Teacher and subject leaders to help raise standards of achievement supporting students both whilst in the provision and with their reintegration to mainstream.
If you are the person we are looking for you will possess:
- A proven track record undertaking pastoral work in a secondary school environment, ideally working with children and young people with SEMH needs.
- Knowledge of a range of behaviour improvement and engagement strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide a balance of challenge and empathy.
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues, stakeholders and other agencies.
- The ability to deliver strategies and approaches to support students to achieve and return to mainstream provision.
In return, Kenton School offers fantastic developmental possibilities due to its size, facilities and a forward-thinking management and staff working together to offer the best available chances for our students.
Supporting information is available to download below. To apply, please click on Quick Apply where you will be taken to the application form.
Closing date: Noon on 23 September 2021
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in our schools to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families.
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years