We are seeking a Support Teacher Inclusive Education (STIE) for a part-time fixed term position, 3 days per week, for the 2020 school year. The successful applicant will:
- demonstrate a collaborative preference in working and planning with peers, support staff, students, parents and carers and external consultants;
- demonstrate a sound understanding of the NCCD process;
- articulate and demonstrate involvement with High Yield Strategies and BCE’s Expected and Effective practices which influence student progress and achievement;
- demonstrate a clear understanding of the Archdiocesan Religious Education Curriculum and the Australian Curriculum; and
- oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support the delivery of inclusive education practices that are data-informed and evidence-based.
Hidden in the leafy suburb of Ashgrove West, Mater Dei Catholic Primary School offers a co-educational, contemporary learning and teaching environment filled with joy and laughter. Our school’s motto “Caritas” – Care and Concern for Others permeates all aspects of school life. We provide an academically rigorous curriculum where passionate and dedicated teachers know and expertly guide every child in making progress and achievement of individual learning goals. We are unreservedly committed to academic excellence in literacy and numeracy and are equally dedicated to the arts, technology, languages and sports. Innovation unleashes the extraordinary and Mater Dei students are encouraged to be bold, curious, creative and independent thinkers. We are a hope-filled community where Gospel values weave between and among our relationships and daily experiences.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2020 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 3 days per week - days to be negotiated
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Donna Jones
Contact Telephone Number: 07 35144100
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window