The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
This ST:IE role will support the Southern Cross Catholic College - Woody Point Campus, it's existing Support Team and teachers, to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities and will use the principles of inclusive education to provide flexibility to respond to the diverse needs of students. The successful applicant will hold specialist experience in supporting students with specific learning needs.
In partnership with colleagues and through the support of the Archdiocese of Brisbane the Support Teacher – Inclusive Education in a Catholic school is required to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of, commitment to, and support for the values and ethos of the Catholic school and the mission of the Catholic Church Professional Practice
• Apply knowledge and skills to shape pedagogical approaches within the Excellent Learning and Teaching Moving Forward strategy 2017-2020 to cater for the diverse learning needs of all students
• Oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support the delivery of inclusive education practices that are data-informed and evidence-based
• Share skills and knowledge through collaborative practice, professional learning, consultancy coaching, co-planning, co-teaching, co-debriefing, and co-reflecting
• Facilitate meaningful outcomes for students, parents and teachers through collaborative processes
• Share skills and knowledge through professional development, consultation and advice
• Maintain professional expertise in a dynamic and evolving context
Southern Cross Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 school offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College was founded in 1995 following the amalgamation of the Catholic primary and secondary schools in the Moreton Bay Region. The multi-campus College operates as the principal Catholic College on the Redcliffe peninsula. Southern Cross Catholic College has three campuses located in Scarborough, Kippa Ring and Woody Point accommodating students in Prep to Year 6 and a fourth campus in Scarborough accommodating middle and senior years students from Year 7 to 12.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing term 2 - 23 April 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Terms 2, 3 and 4 of 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 3 days per week - Fixed Term
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mrs Aynslee Bale
Contact Telephone Number: 0738831988
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window