We are seeking a passionate Support Teacher Inclusive Education (ST:IE) for the remainder of the 2020 school year.
You will be able to:
• apply their knowledge and skills to shape pedagogical approaches within the BCE Excellent Learning and Teaching Moving Forward strategy to cater for the diverse learning needs of all students;
• oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support the delivery of inclusive education practices that are data-informed and evidence-based;
• share skills and knowledge through collaborative practice, professional learning, consultancy coaching, co-planning, co-teaching, co-debriefing, and co-reflecting;
• facilitate meaningful outcomes for students, parents and teachers through collaborative processes;
• share skills and knowledge through professional development, consultation and advice.
You will also be able to develop, implement and review Personalised Learning Plans and will have a proven capacity to work as part of a team.
St Francis Xavier is a Catholic, co-educational P-6 school of approximately 535 students situated in the City of Ipswich, adjacent to the Ipswich Motorway. The school has been in existence for more than 100 years, having been established in 1910.
It is a school which has welcomed children and families from many countries around the world. Over forty nationalities are represented. We are proud of the way that our community blends the best from these cultures to develop and reflect the motto of the school: "Kids Who Care". At St Francis Xavier School, we pride ourselves on working together as a community for the benefit of our children. We have a strong belief that learning is a lifelong endeavour and that we can all learn from each other. This belief is tightly aligned with our mission statement and with our beliefs and values about teaching and learning.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2020 school year - Terms 2, 3 & 4
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Veronica Lawson
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3818 0100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window