We are seeking an experienced Support Teacher Inclusive Education (ST:IE) commencing Term Two, 2021.
In collaboration with parents and teachers, you will support students across the full range of abilities and needs, to meet specific learning needs. You will implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve education outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
• A strong knowledge of inclusive education practices and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Experience in implementing Individual Curriculum Plans (ICPs),
• An understanding of the NCCD process,
• Involvement with BCE Strategies and practices which influence student progress and achievement,
• An ability to oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support inclusive education practices,
• An ability to attend to innovative and creative teaching practices,
• A proven capacity to work as part of a team, and
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills through professional development, consultation and advice.
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT SITES. ONLY applications received via the Brisbane Catholic Education Employment page will be accepted.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Josephs College Coomera is a Brisbane Catholic Education master planned co-educational College that opened in January 2019. Our first Seniors will graduate in 2024. The College is located in Coomera on the Northern Gold Coast, 40 minutes south of the Brisbane CBD.
St Joseph’s College, and its staff, are committed to the creation of an authentic Catholic community centred on learning growth and the encouragement, excellence and development of each childs character, intellect and spirit.
Our College community is focussed on nurturing the “St Joseph’s Graduate”. This concept is a clearly articulated statement that outlines our intention in educating young people in a Catholic school in the Josephite tradition. Our education is dynamic and shaped by the leadership and action of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, a woman of courage, faith and an irrepressible desire to change the lives and journey of the children.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 2 - 19 April 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Nine months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Elaine Strati
Contact Telephone Number: 5670 5500
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education