We are seeking an experienced Support Teacher Inclusive Education (STIE) for a part time fixed term position, 4 days Monday to Thursday, commencing January 2021.
In collaboration with parents and teachers, you will support students across the full range of abilities and needs, to meet specific learning needs. You will implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve education outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
• A strong knowledge of inclusive education practices and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Experience in implementing Individual Curriculum Plans (ICPs),
• An understanding of the NCCD process,
• Involvement with BCE Strategies and practices which influence student progress and achievement,
• An ability to oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support inclusive education practices,
• An ability to attend to innovative and creative teaching practices,
• A proven capacity to work as part of a team, and
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills through professional development, consultation and advice.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Oliver Plunkett Catholic Primary School is situated on Brisbane's southside with an approximate enrolment of 590. As part of the Cannon Hill parish, we provide a contemporary, faith-based education for all students, where in partnership with all families we learn about our world, ourselves and our God. As a dynamic learning community we strive to ensure that we provide a learning environment where we work collaboratively to inspire each child to achieve their full potential.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 1, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 4 days a week - Monday to Thursday
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Greg Cran
Contact Telephone Number: 0418135547
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education