The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 other nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who can lead the well-established and successful swim programme. Having autonomy to manage all aspects of the extra-curricular swim programme, they will also liaise with and advise Heads of both Secondary and Primary PE on the school curricular swim provision, while working as part of the committed P.E. department.
The swim programme at BISR is successful with over 100 students in various teams. The person appointed will be required to attend weekend swim meets (about ten a year) and possibly undertake overseas trips with the various teams. They will coordinate the work of other coaches, and report to the Director of Sport. It is an exciting position which the right candidate will find rewarding and exciting.
The successful candidate will:
· be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
· oversee the school’s ECA swimming programme including Learn to Swim, Water Polo and fitness swimming;
· continually review the schools swimming provision and implement changes and improvements where appropriate;
· co-ordinate the swim curriculum under the direction of the Heads of both Secondary and Primary PE
. lead the schools swim teams and manage other swim coaches;
· hold at least a level 2 swimming coaching/teaching qualification;
· fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department for Education;
· put students at the heart of the education process;
· fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
· commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
. believe in the values of international and inter-culturalism in an educational context.