We are looking to appoint an experienced recruitment manager to join our Talent Attraction & Resourcing. As part of the team you will work closely with our academies to support them with all permanent and temporary recruitment requirements, providing advice and guidance where necessary to ensure processes are followed in a timely and compliant manner. You will work with wider members of the team to support both Primary and Secondary academies with direct hires, advertising, candidate resourcing, events, external branding, and contribute to the mid to long term recruitment strategy for the Federation.
This is an opportunity for an experienced talent acquisition/recruitment manager, or HR manager, to help shape our future talent strategy. You will have the chance to make an impact on a growing organisation and help add value to our academies as we continue to grow.
About the team
We work with our academies and central team departments to deliver wide reaching employer branding and resourcing strategies for the Harris Federation. Through highly targeted, engaging and innovative marketing campaigns designed to raise employer profile and promote vision and values, our aim is to identify and attract the very best talent to the Harris Federation, encompassing all Leadership, Teaching and Non-Teaching recruitment.
Working as part of the wider central team, you will help support academies with their hiring needs and work conjunction with the required departments and third parties as you see necessary. The successful applicant will be responsible for engaging with and managing any recruitment requirements released to the Federations Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will work with the Head of Talent and individual academies to maintain agency processes and agreements. Working in conjunction with our PSL suppliers, you will oversee the delivery of resourcing solutions for perm and temp hires across the Harris Federation, combining resourcing strategies, systems and processes to ensure an efficient and cost-effective approach when working with agency suppliers. You will be responsible for engaging with new and existing PSL suppliers through regular update communications, reviews and meetings.
- You will be responsible for implementing and overseeing an efficient, quality driven candidate sourcing strategy with a consistent, transparent and cost effective recruitment processes.
- Pre-screening candidates via third party channels to ensure the highest quality candidates are presented to academies.
- Advise Principals and academy SLT on recruitment processes, activities, seasonal trends and market conditions to ensure effective temp / perm hiring when engaging with our preferred suppliers.
- Responsible for recruitment and resourcing systems, reporting and data tracking activities, and maintaining accurate and up to date Federation records.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 7 years’ recruitment or HR experience working in a recruitment agency or internal/onsite recruitment environment
- Experience working in education recruitment.
- Significant recruitment experience relating to temporary and permanent recruitment
- Previous experience of handling compliance vetting, screening, or processing pre-employment background and DBS checks.
Why work for the Harris Federation?
The Harris Federation is one of the highest performing MATs in the country, with 47 primary and secondary academies around London, all rated Good or Outstanding. We will continue to grow in London with several future academies opening over the next 2-3 years.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call 020 8253 7777 or contact us via email@example.com with any questions.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.