The Harris Federation mission is to transform education in London so that every student in a Harris Academy receives an outstanding education. Effective recruitment in a highly competitive market for talent is an integral part of maintaining the support to our academies so that they can continue to set exceptional educational standards.
Our Talent Attraction & Resourcing Team is responsible for the Federation talent acquisition strategy and Employer Value Proposition. The team is comprised of dedicated recruiters who are specialists in either Education or Corporate Services (IT, HR, Projects, Estates, Governance, Finance, Procurement, Admissions, Marketing and Administrative support) and who help coordinate and support the full cycle hiring process. We partner with hiring managers and departments from across the Federation to ensure an excellent candidate experience and a robust and efficient recruitment and selection process.
We are looking to appoint an experienced internal recruiter / talent acquisition manager to join the central TA&R Team as a specialist for Corporate Services (non-teaching) recruitment. You will work with Head Office functions to recruit for senior and specialist appointments, as well as supporting academies with the recruitment of both permanent and temporary non-teaching staff.
The Harris Federation is a leading education charity with 51 Harris primary and secondary academies across London and Essex. The founder, Chairman and sponsor of the Harris Federation, Lord Harris of Peckham, opened our first school in 1990. We now have over 5,000 staff and educate some 40,000 young people, and closing the gap between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission.
As part of our TA&R Team, you will be involved in the development and execution of resourcing strategies, screening techniques, onboarding, branding, as well as continually reviewing and improving processes to ensure recruitment best practice in order to attract talent for both permanent and contingent staffing.
We are looking for a talented and experienced recruiter who has a genuine interest to work in the Education sector and a desire to help our academies and the young people of London. This is a fantastic opportunity to see the direct impact of how effective recruitment can play a key role in the success of our academies.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Working alongside other specialist members of the team, your primary responsibility will be to advise Head Office senior stakeholders and line managers on the best approach to attracting, selecting and onboarding staff in line with mid to long term Federation objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Attraction & Resourcing your responsibilities will include:
- Creating, leading and managing multiple jobs/headcount and recruitment processes, delivering to multiple stakeholders with an emphasis on candidate experience and quality service
- Working as part of a team to develop resourcing, marketing and communication strategies to attract and secure top talent for the Federation and its academies
- Developing collaborative working relationships with academy Senior Leadership and HR teams to ensure a highly effective recruitment and selection processes
- Working in partnership with the team to support and influence the development of diverse talent attraction strategies that align to the overall Federation EVP
- Working within and promote the Safer Recruitment and Recruitment & Selection Policies to ensure best practice approaches to recruitment and fully compliant processes
- Liaising and meeting with hiring managers prior to recruiting in order to gather details needed for requisitions, job descriptions, person specifications, advertising, pre-screening and interviews
- Supporting and guiding hiring managers, where needed, through shortlisting, interview, selection and offer stages by offering advice and solutions
- Helping to develop and promote innovative and engaging recruitment marketing techniques to build talent pipelines and internal talent pools
- Participating in local professional networking events and university careers fairs
- Supporting with targeted social campaigns to help build the talent pool through referrals, events, sourcing and content marketing
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in Charity, Social/Healthcare, Government, Financial Services, Transport, Technology or similar industries
- 5+ years recruitment experience gained in public or private sector markets
- Experience in a variety of resourcing tools and techniques
- Excellent project planning skills to implement recruitment campaigns from scratch
- Previous experience working to stringent pre-employment screening standards
- Experience in permanent and temporary/contingent recruitment
- Experience of working in a large organization and working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong track record of delivering quality hires in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in building and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record in managing multiple requisitions/jobs within tight deadlines
- Previous experience in managing project work and keeping to deadlines
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Harry Bond, Head of Talent via e-mail: email@example.com
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted via our careers website before the deadline.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
The Harris Federation is a not-for-profit educational charity with almost 25 years of education experience in and around London. Our primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form academies have an international reputation for delivering a step chang...