A teaching role with A Wilderness Way offers the opportunity for you to truly make a difference to a child’s life. Working with children with look after on a one- to-one basis following a structured thematic curriculum. You will use your creativity, experience and passion for teaching to deliver an inspirational educational programme. Our teachers work with a very small number of children and supported by a passionate team of care workers.
We believe that learning opportunities exist beyond traditional school settings, and we are passionate about taking the classroom outside wherever possible and making the most of our beautiful surroundings to challenge and inspire our children. As well as delivering direct 1:1 teaching to each child (16 hours a week), our Teachers are responsible for planning educational visits and practical activities that are supported by the residential care team around each child. They also work closely with the Outdoor Education Team to deliver our unique curriculum which is underpinned by experiential and enquiry-based learning, offering the opportunity for both students and teachers to have fun and be creative.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Can teach a range of curriculum subjects to KS3 and ideally KS4,
including functional skills
- Are QTS qualified would be desirable
- Are creative and passionate about working with young people and able to inspire them to engage in their learning
- Have excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Have excellent leadership skills
What we are not:
- A classic ‘chalk and talk’ school
- Boring! Your lessons can extend beyond a classroom setting
- A large school where teaching is often is about ‘crowd control’
- Full school holidays
- A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
- Above and beyond recognition scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD and recognised qualifications
- Employee medical benefit scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Access to employee engagement events
- Team/peer support programmes and fully supportive management infrastructure
- Ongoing continuous professional development opportunities
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure as an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer following the safer recruitment process.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in receiving further information, including a full job description.
A Wilderness Way