Siena Catholic College is a contemporary secondary co-educational systemic school, administered by Brisbane Catholic Education on behalf of the Archdiocese of Brisbane. Located at Sippy Downs on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Siena Catholic College strives live the Dominic spirit of Prayer, Study, Community and Service.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Teacher Aide to undertake a range of tasks in supporting the needs of students under the direction of the teacher.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• assist teachers in providing for the educational needs of their students;
• provide direct support to the Learning Support team in facilitating the inclusion of students with special needs, and/or with learning difficulties;
• foster positive relationships and contribute to a healthy school environment.
Ideally you will have:
• previous experience as a Teacher Aide and/or hold a minimum of a Cert 3 in Educational Support;
• proven communication and interpersonal skills;
• an understanding of the work of an Inclusive Education Teacher Aide in a classroom; and
• a willingness to work as part of a team.
You will also demonstrate an ability and initiative to apply your skills in supporting students to achieve successful learning outcomes.
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be included with your application.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 19 April 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): to 25 June 2021
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: approximately 29 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $29.05 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Christine Walton
Contact Telephone Number: 54766100
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education