An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Teacher Aide to work within our Junior School.
This is a part-time contract position commencing immediately, until 08 December 2021, working 15.5 hours per week across five days (Mon-Fri), term time only.
This role involves:
- Working 0.4FTE: Mondays and Thursdays from 8.30am - 12.30pm and Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8.30am - 11.00am
- Assisting in the integration and management of students with learning and behavioural difficulties in the classroom
- Providing assistance and support to the classroom teacher to meet the needs of students with individual needs
- Implementing individual learning plans to assist student learning, behavioural and personal and social development.
- Working with small groups of students with like needs
- Regular communication and documentation of observations to the classroom teacher
- Working closely with classroom teachers and the Junior School Learning Support team
Working at The Knox School offers:
- Competitive salary, dependent on skillset and experience
- Onsite car parking
- Opportunities for mentoring and career development
- Supportive and stimulating work and learning environment set amongst beautiful grounds
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications; Certificate 3 in Education Support, or similar
- Relevant vocational experience with students with additional learning needs and individual learning plans. Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder an advantage.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- The ability to collaborate with parents, students and colleagues,
- A passion for helping children grow and learn
- Instructional skills, patience and well-developed communication skills
- The ability to accept direction and supervision
If this role sounds like the ideal next step in your career, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your recent experience and the attributes you can bring to the role. Conditions, including salary, will be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates.
Written applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday, 15 April 2021 and will be reviewed upon receipt.
Applications can be posted or emailed to:
Ms Jenny Lutz, Executive Assistant to the Principal
The Knox School, 220 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152
Phone: (03) 8805-3803
The Knox School