Troup House School, Gamrie, Banff, Aberdeenshire, AB45 3JN
Hours: 35 hours per week
We require a dynamic and committed Qualified Teacher to join our established Education Team to provide the best educational experiences and outcomes for learners in a purpose built school in a stunning Campus near Banff.
As a Qualified or Newly Qualified Teacher, this role will involve delivering across the primary and secondary curriculum in our small School Community. This fantastic opportunity would suit an ambitious, energetic and committed teacher who will expand the learning experiences of our pupils. All of our teachers deliver education across the curriculum.
We are particularly interested in applicants who have experience in developing and delivering either the Broad General Education or Senior Phase of the curriculum within a specialist environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the opportunity to work across the Curriculum for Excellence and deliver exciting and innovative learning experiences both in and out with the classroom
- Ideally have experience with additional support needs but this is not essential
- Assist the children and young people to engage in their learning. We offer a wide range of stimulating learning experiences designed to meet their specific needs
- Hold a current UK driving licence and undergo certified training and refresher courses in a range of areas. These include Safeguarding, Physical Intervention, Behavioural Management, First Aid, Fire Prevention and Health and Safety at Work and any other specialist training relating to the context of the school and the needs of the children and young people.
You are required to be registered with the General Teaching Council Scotland (GTCs) if your application is successful. PVG membership through Disclosure Scotland is required.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Troup House School is a specialist School Care Accommodation service located in Rural Aberdeenshire offering Care and Education to children and young people with additional support needs and who are looked after away from home. Troup House School is an SQA presenting centre inspected by the HMIe (Education Scotland) and the Care Inspectorate.
Continuous development and improvement informs our approach to learning Troup House School is committed to providing a nurturing environment within which children and young people are included, valued and afforded opportunities to grow in self-confidence.
Troup House School is part of Priory Education and Children’s Services Scotland and provides a unique living and learning environment in support of some of the most vulnerable children and young people in the country.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
The successful candidates will be required to apply for a PVG from Disclosure Scotland. Further information can be obtained from www.disclosurescotland.co.uk. We are an equal opportunit ies employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.
Troup House School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 16 years
Troup House School is a specialist day and residential school that has a strong reputation and proven track record for providing a high standard of education and care to young people between the ages of 8 to 16+ years with additional support needs in...