We wish to appoint for May 2017 or sooner a teacher with an outstanding track record who is ambitious and is ready for an exciting new challenge. Our existing autism provision is co-located at Heartlands High School; we cater for students between 11-16 years old, with severe to moderate autism and related learning needs.
We are currently embarking on the exciting journey of opening a new Free School in September 2017, providing 104 places for children between the ages of 5 and 19 on the autistic spectrum. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in the founding of this new school; as a member of our team here at the autism provision you will be part of the development and planning process. If you relish in being able to make your mark with innovative and creative practice and you are excited about making a real difference then this role will provide you with the scope to achieve this.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a secondary class team ensuring there are high quality and effective learning opportunities for all students. Class sizes are small and our experienced teams offer support with a collaborative approach to teaching. The post holder will also be expected to work closely with our multi disciplinary teams.
As we move into our new school in September 2017, there will be scope to change roles and or age groups as we aim to open both primary and post 16 departments.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team;
- Have either primary school training or be able to teach a primary style curriculum;
- Have previous experience of teaching in an Autism-specific environment;
- Work closely within the ASD Provision team;
- Have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda;
- Have experience of completing SEN assessments and differentiated plans;
- Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
- Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
- Work within and contribute to the school community;
- Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
For further information please contact HR 020 8826 1230 or via email: email@example.com
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Completed application forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Head Teacher, Ms Lucia Santi, should be returned to the above email by 4 p.m. on Thursday 05th January 2017. Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th January 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Please note if you do not hear from us by a week after the closing date you haven’t been successful. We do not provide feedback.