Hours: 2 days a week
Grade/SCP: Main Pay Scale
Salary: £24,373 - £35,971 per annum
£9,749.20 – 14,388.40 Actual Salary for part-time hours
Location: Saint Benedicts Catholic Voluntary Academy
Duffield Road, Darley Abbey, Derby
Start Date: As soon as possible
Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an outstanding, well-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher to design and deliver a programme for all students who are behind in their reading. This role within our school structure is specifically for supporting pupils to develop their literacy skills and to help close the achievement gap. We are seeking someone with a strong interest in working with pupils who have specific literacy needs, who is committed to inclusive practices and has a genuine passion for teaching. We welcome applicants from both the primary and secondary sector.
We are specifically looking for someone who:
• Has experience of working with SEN pupils and has the knowledge of different behaviours and disabilities
• has experience and knowledge of teaching literacy, phonics and reading to targeted pupils
• can contribute to the development and teaching of literacy in the whole academy
• has a working knowledge of Read, Write Inc.
• has the potential to become, or are already, an outstanding classroom practitioner with a real commitment to the young people in our school.
• has the ability to devise, plan and deliver highly-differentiated, interactive and stimulating lessons.
• can utilise assessment data effectively to plan lessons and target intervention.
• has an awareness of current developments in teaching and learning and the curriculum and in particular is willing to research into the most recent literature regarding aspects of reading development, especially programmes to improve reading ages, and the profiles of children when they start at the academy, and feed the outcomes of such research into the modification of programmes of reading development in the academy
• has high expectations of pupils and the belief that all pupils, whatever their background, can achieve their full potential
• has the passion and desire for their subject to inspire and enthuse pupils of all abilities.
• is an excellent team player who is creative and innovative in their approach to teaching.
We are looking for someone who can adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the needs of individual pupils and to be able to identify individual pupil’s literacy needs.
Situated in the beautiful Darley Abbey area on the outskirts of Derby, Saint Benedict is the city’s only Catholic Secondary school. We serve a wonderfully diverse community of students who come from over forty countries around the world and who come from all parts of Derby and beyond.
This is a great time to be joining us and 2019 has been a great year for the school. In our most recent inspection in May 2018, Ofsted graded us as Good in every category. As a Catholic School, the values of the Gospels underpin all of our work and a key part of our mission is to champion those in society who are disadvantaged.
We are most proud of the fact that our rapid improvement in outcomes has been in an inclusive and supportive environment, as Ofsted described ‘a distinctive feature of pupils’ behaviour in this school is their sense of a community and the care that they extend towards one another’. In addition to setting out a clear vision for school improvement, we work hard to ensure that every child has their needs fully met by our outstanding SENCO and our Inclusion Team. As a community of professionals, we are also highly supportive of one another.
How to apply
For more information, an application pack and to apply please visit https://srscmat.co.uk/vacancies or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 21st October 2019 at 9:00am
Interviews: 24th October 2019
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You do not need to be a Catholic to work in our Trust. There are certain reserved positions, which require someone to be Catholic, i.e. CEO, Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Subject Leader/Head of RE and Lay Chaplain but other than that a respect for our ethos and a willingness to participate in what we do is all that is required.