Teacher in charge of Art
Required September 2021
Qualified Teacher Main Pay Scale (T4 – T6) + TLR 2b
£31,778 - £36,961 + Allowance (£4,784)
Full time (1.0 FTE)
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we witness the hard work invested into our Key Stage 4 outcomes improving in line with our excellent primary and 6th form phases. In 2018 we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
We are looking to recruit a full time Teacher, in charge of Art, on a permanent basis, starting in September 2021.
The post holder will be an individual who will:
- be an acknowledged practitioner with a clear understanding of the characteristics of high-quality teaching and proven experience of teaching across the whole age and ability range
- motivate students to learn about Art and ensure sufficient uptake of Art courses at key stages 4 and 5
- be approachable and of empathetic character in order to engage and support colleagues in improving their practice but at the same time being fair and consistent in expectations
- motivate both colleagues and students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for teaching!
- actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- work hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrate leadership qualities including personal resilience, drive and initiative and role model those personal qualities we wish to see in all our staff and instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a long weekend at the end of each November in honour of Saint Catherine’s day (25th November)
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a shorter school day each Wednesday, providing opportunities for staff development
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development and a pathway to middle and senior leadership opportunities across the schools in the MAT
- opportunities to work with primary phase pupils and get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- a lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact Suzanne Bailey on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 25th January 2021
Bolton St Catherine's Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years