Our staff are our most valued asset. As part of the Tudor Grange Trust, all of our staff have access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners.
An outstanding Teacher in Charge of Food & Nutrition is required to join a committed and hard-working department.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• Working in a subject area with improving outcomes
• Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who love their subject
• The opportunity to develop and deliver examination courses to GCSE level
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough’s oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11 – 19 Academy with nearly a thousand students and well over 300 students in the sixth form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
In 2016 and 2017 the Academy’s Key Stage 4 and 5 results were very pleasing and underpin the progress that has been made. The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as ‘good’. This, with other progress being made, is the foundation of the Academy’s journey to being ‘outstanding’. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
• Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
• Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
• A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
• Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of and invest in them properly.
A few of the things we offer are:
• A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
• A supportive, open and approachable management team
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
We really value our staff and will do whatever we can to meaningfully demonstrate that.
Free tea, coffee
Corporate Gym membership
Weekly Yoga classes
Employee Assist Programme
Weekly running group
On-site parking for staff
The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome
Shortlisting: Monday 6th April 2020 (9am)
Interviews: Week commencing 6th April 2020
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Alishia Read at the Academy by 9am on the closing date either via email to email@example.com
For further details please visit https:://www.robertsmyth.tgacademy.org.uk
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting. �t�6a1