Required from September 2020
About Our School:
Trinity Catholic High School is large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood. We have been consistently rated by Ofsted and the Diocese as an outstanding school and we have a widely acknowledged reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and to the wider community. Our school’s inspection reports can be viewed here: http://tchs.uk.net/about-us/ofsted/index.html
About the Job:
Trinity wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Spanish teacher to join our highly successfully school and Modern Foreign Languages department from September 2020. Both French and Spanish are taught across the school and the successful candidate will manage Spanish under the direction of the Head of Modern Foreign Languages. Students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and A-Level. MFL is a flourishing department; the quality of teaching is excellent as is curriculum quality. Outcomes within this department are superb and rank among the highest in the school. This post would be suitable for a highly motivated experienced teacher who, feels they can make a significant and positive contribution to the MFL department and the school as a whole.
Trinity seeks to provide a first-rate education to our students. Our pastoral care is exceptional as are the outcomes achieved by our students. In 2019:
- Progress 8 at Trinity is +0.51 and well above the national average.
- Percentage of 9-7 grades across the school: 38%. 34% of students achieved 5+ 9-7; 8% of all grades were the top grade 9. In Spanish 57% achieved 9-7 grades and in French 40% of students achieved these top grades.
- The percentage of students at 5+ in English and Mathematics is 67%; 86% attained the standard pass in both English and Mathematics – both significantly higher than national figures.
- In Spanish and French the 9-4% is 91% and 85% respectively.
- A*-E in our sixth form of 480+ students is 97%
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please download our application form from our website: https://tchs.uk.net/vacancies/index.html. If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Gillary on 020 8504 3419 (ext.170) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receipt of completed application forms by Friday, 3rd April 2020.