Teacher / Instructor of Technology
Salary negotiable Full-time, permanent post
Required for start in September 2017 or thereafter
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and inspirational Teacher / Lecturer / Instructor of Technology with a specialism in construction and/or product design, to join our Technology faculty as it starts to develop and deliver a new curriculum offer across the various disciplines of Textiles, Graphics, CAD/CAM, Resistant Materials, Electronics and Construction. This role is suitable for an experienced Teacher / Lecturer, NQT or Instructor who will have the opportunity to deliver and showcase their practical skills at Key Stage 3 and 4, as well as part of the faculty’s extra-curricular activities.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to accept new ideas and a thorough commitment to student learning with evidence of high quality practical, professional development and leadership skills. We want staff with the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education and who will rise to the challenge of building on success.
In return the successful candidate can expect excellent support as follows:
• Well-resourced and up-to-date classrooms, including laser and vacuum forming technology
• Opportunities to enter local and national competitions • Comprehensive tailored induction programmes
• Initial Teacher Training Support including a personal NQT Mentor
• Mentor / Buddy System • Outstanding Teacher Programmes
• An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
• Commitment to continuing professional development, including MA / MSc and other courses
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Various staff benefits including access to the gymnasium and swimming pool
You would be joining a ‘Good’ school which is passionate about their students succeeding and achieving their ‘Personal Best’, which can only be achieved through investing in our staff.
If you feel that The King Edmund School is the type of school you are seeking, please apply by completing the application form available from our school website and email to email@example.com
Early applications and school visits are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 21 June 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing 26 June 2017.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.