Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900100095
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Mount Austin High School
Principal Network Wagga Wagga
Staffing Area Wagga Wagga
FTE 1.000Contact Name Anthony Hogan
Contact Phone number 0418441309
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Mount Austin High School is located in Wagga Wagga, NSW, on Wiradjuri Country. Mount Austin High School is a comprehensive, co-educational, inclusive school. There are 580 students enrolled at Mount Austin High School, 46% of whom, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. The school caters to a wide range of student interest and ability. There are five Special Education Classes, an Intensive English Class, a Clontarf Academy, Girls @ The Centre program and a Restorative Practices Centre on site.
The school operates under the compressed curriculum model and delivers a wide curriculum choice to students. Staff are a mix of newly appointed, beginning and experienced teachers and are committed to the school, students and community. Developing and maintaining significant community connections, academic growth and delivering authentic post school destinations for all students are focal points of school planning. Mount Austin High School works in close partnership with the local AECG and is part of the Public High Schools Alliance, Wagga Wagga.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach students with learning and support needs (Secondary). Capacity to provide specialist assistance to students in regular classes with additional learning and support needs and their teachers.
- An ability to create, implement and monitor a range of support plans including IEP, ILP and Transition Plans and effectively communicate with staff and parents.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to successfully work with staff across all faculties, parents and personnel from a range of external services whilst successfully working within a team
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data to inform teaching practice and supports for both individuals and classes across the school
- Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of students from low-socio-economic backgrounds, English Language Learners and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.