Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Intending applicants must:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of Catholic Education;
- Be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation;
- Be registered or be eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers.
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the role
Student diversity is valued and inclusive practices are fundamental to the ethos of Catholic schools. The Learning Support Teacher works within whole-school initiatives to address the diverse needs of students through a culture of inclusiveness and focuses on the holistic growth and development of each student. The Learning Support Teacher contributes to the quality of educational outcomes of the Catholic school by providing effective assistance to teachers in supporting students with diverse learning needs.
The Learning Support Teacher works closely with teachers to plan and implement teaching strategies and programs that identify and respond to the individual needs of students. The Learning Support Teacher communicates with parents as key partners in the educational outcomes of students. The Learning Support Teacher also liaises with visiting specialists, including Therapists and Inclusive Education Teachers to support student learning.
The Learning Support Teacher reports to the Principal or delegate, as line manager. The Learning Support Teacher works in consultation with and direction from the Principal who will oversee the role and responsibilities of the Learning Support Teacher.
The Learning Support Teacher is supported by Catholic Education Services (CES) to enhance school capacity in learning support. The Learning Support Teacher is expected to attend regular Professional Development sessions provided by CES and continue to develop their own skills in the learning support area.
Mandatory qualification and requirements
- Professional qualifications in Education;
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers;
- Willingness to achieve Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School and Accreditation to Teach Religion in a Catholic School (Teachers of Religious Education);
- Willingness to support and participate in the prayer, liturgy and sacramental life of the Church in the school community;
- Capacity to understand and implement Duty of Care and Workplace Health and Safety requirements;
- Current drivers licence;
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education.
How to Apply
Download Applicant Information Pack and submit all required documents by 5:00 pm Friday 22 June 2018.
For further information, or to apply, please visit the website - https://www.cns.catholic.edu.au/employment/current-positions/