We have an excellent opportunity for Teacher / Lecturers in Automotive Studies to join our Engineering and Automotive department. You will join our innovative team of highly qualified professionals, working to achieve the college’s mission, transforming lives through learning, by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Teacher / Lecturer in Automotive
- Job ref: 0716
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- £24,514 - £25,990 per annum (Unqualified)
Or, £26,767 - £31,022 per annum (Qualified)
- Location: Castleford Campus
This is an exciting time to join Wakefield College as we celebrate the success of our recent Ofsted inspection, where we achieved a rating of ‘Good’. You will teach and support Automotive courses, to provide our students with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals.
We are seeking a motivated person, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has up-to-date industry knowledge and expertise in a range of traditional and, ideally, contemporary practical engineering skills.
As a Lecturer in Automotive, you should:
- Hold Automotive and/or Motor Vehicle NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
- Have experience in a relevant industry
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing Date: 11.00am on Thursday 18 April 2019.
Interviews week commencing 29 April 2019.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.