Lecturer in ESOL
- Job ref: 0283
- 37 hours per week
- Wakefield City Campus
- Fixed-term until 31 July 2020.
- £24,759 - £26,250 per annum (Unqualified) or £27,035 - £31,332 per annum (Qualified)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer to join our small team of supportive and experienced ESOL staff. As a member of the ESOL team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives, help them to fit into society and thrive, as well as learning about other cultures and encountering a wide variety of backgrounds.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in ESOL, you will teach on a range of courses in the ESOL department from pre-entry to Level 1. You will have a good understanding of the ESOL curriculum and be experienced in using appropriate teaching strategies to support learning.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, dedicated, keen to upskill, committed to reflective continuous improvement and a good team player who is willing to share ideas. You will also have a commitment to promoting diversity and a desire to support students.
As a Lecturer in ESOL, you should:
• Hold a Degree or HND in a relevant subject area
• Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (9-4)
• Have experience of teaching ESOL Skills for Life
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• An up-to-date knowledge of the ESOL curriculum
• Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
• The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 18 November 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday 27 November 2019.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.