Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100303
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Chatswood Public School
Principal Network Gordon
Staffing Area Ryde
FTE 1.000Contact Name Alex Montgomery
Contact Phone number (02) 9419 6127
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Chatswood Public School established over 136 years ago, is a dynamic school catering for a diverse student population. With student enrolments over 1300, 89% of our students are from a non-English speaking background. 44 different languages are represented in our school. Through experienced and dedicated staff and a supportive community the school provides highly effective programs in literacy, numeracy, Asian literacy, the arts, music programs and information and communications technology.
The school is closely associated with its community and programs reflect the school community as well as individual student needs. The school conducts special programs for gifted and talented students including Opportunity Classes (OC) and English-Korean Bilingual Classes. Special programs for students with varying disabilities are conducted within the school.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach Library (Primary) or currently undertaking or currently enrolled in Teacher Librarian qualifications approved by the NSW Department of Education
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence-based classroom practice, that fosters a culture of high expectations and models inclusive teaching practices for students with a wide range of learning needs.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build productive relationships across the whole school community to promote student wellbeing and an inclusive culture.
- Ability to transition and manage the change to a new flexible learning space in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Operating relevant and efficient library systems to make resources available (ICT).
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
If applicable engagement will be temporary until successful completion of the Teacher Librarian qualifications as recognised by the NSW Department of Education, which must be completed within 24 months.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
New merit selection application guidelines for classroom teachers, executives and principals have been introduced to provide greater clarity to applicants and selection panels. The guidelines were in effect on positions advertised from Wednesday 10th June 2020. The guidelines are located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/addressing-selection-criteria.html