|Location||SCONE St Mary's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||St Mary’s Primary School, Scone is seeking a Permanent Part-Time (0.4FTE) Teacher Librarian to join the team from Term 1, 2022.
St Mary’s Primary School, Scone is a small rural community offering a Catholic education for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Equipped with modern and engaging facilities, St Mary’s uses a contemporary approach to learning which is personalised, stimulating and responds to the learning needs, interests and experiences of each student. St Mary’s offers an inclusive environment filled with skilled and committed staff who nurture the social, emotional, physical and spiritual development of all students in our care.
|Position Requirements||The role of Teacher Librarian is to ensure that learning in the library is contemporary, rich in thinking and
technology. Through the use of resource management time, the Teacher Librarian manages the library, and
facilitates and develops the library space and resources, both physical and digital, supported by the School
Officer (Library Assistant).
This time may also be used to collaborate with classroom teachers in developing contemporary teaching to
ensure that curriculum is delivered more effectively for the benefit of students.
Within a contemporary learning environment, the role has three key dimensions:
• Providing engaging learning experiences for students
• Managing information and resources
• Supporting and driving contemporary teaching and learning
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and
the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
• Commitment to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• The applicant has completed or will complete (within four years of appointment) a postgraduate
qualification in Library and Information Management or Teacher Librarianship or equivalent combination
of qualifications and experience
• The applicant should have a four-year trained teacher classification and preferably with at least five
years successful teaching experience
• Demonstration of successful teaching and behaviour management strategies with the ability to design
contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers
• Demonstrated willingness in learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and
information literacy in all KLAs as relevant
• Ability to manage a contemporary library space, and source an engaging and relevant physical and
• Ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies and information literacy through the KLAs
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively and to oversee library personnel,
volunteers and external providers as delegated by the Principal
• Ability to effectively utilise data to assess and provide feedback and optimise educational outcomes
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
► Four-year trained teacher classification
► NESA Teacher Accreditation
► Working with Children Clearance number
► Completion of anaphylaxis training
|Desirable Criteria||• A sound knowledge of ALICE/OLIVER library software|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 19 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Kim Wilson (email@example.com)||6545 2058|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
St Mary's Primary School