An exciting opportunity has arisen for outstanding classroom practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills in working with young people with Autism. This post represents an exciting and challenging opportunity for a qualified teacher to join our growing school.
Grange School is a community specialist school for pupils aged 4-19 years with autism in all its many presentations. Grange is housed in a brand new purpose built building, with many innovative and ground breaking facilities, which provide a huge range of opportunities to support excellent learning and development of our pupils. More information available on our website Grange School :
An understanding of Autism is important but we equally value the ability to learn quickly from both pupils’ responses and from those of parents and other professionals.
Grange school aims to provide the “Autism Community” of Manchester and beyond, with an outstanding education service
We do this by:
- Challenging - preconceived ideas about attainment and achievement - we set our school community high expectations
- Supporting - all our school community to achieve their potential
- Valuing - we respect all our school community - valuing all their individual talents and challenges
- Building - resilience and strength to improve the quality of life for all of our school community
As the largest specialist school in Manchester with a roll of 170, we are in an exciting phase of our development as a school community. We have recently undertaken the National Autistic Society’s Accreditation process, and are in the process of developing extended school facilities and wider community opportunities for our pupils.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Are prepared to challenge preconceptions and set high standards
- Will value all our school community’s talents and challenges
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice,
- Have energy, creativity, commitment.
- Are able to work within a team and liaise with a range of professionals
- Reliable attendance is vital, as our pupils respond well and flourish with consistency.
- Flexibility is important as you may need to move around groups to suit the needs of our pupils.
We would welcome applicants with suitable skills and interests they would be willing to share with pupils through the provision of lunchtime clubs.
Working with our pupils is extremely rewarding and gives a high level of job satisfaction, as well as excellent opportunities to develop professionally.
Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017
Interview date: Thursday 19th October 2017 (please be prepared be observed teaching a small group of pupils as part of the interview process)
Visits to school welcome by appointment: To arrange a visit please contact Joanne Thomas Deputy Headteacher by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted by post or email.
By post: J Shepherd Deputy Headteacher
By email: email@example.com
Location: Matthews Lane, Gorton, Manchester, M12 4GR (for sat nav purposes M19 3ES)