We are seeking to appoint a motivated and energetic teacher to join our Middle and Upper School. Candidates should have an interest in teaching Maths and/or English to Years 5 to 8. This is a full-time role.
The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated team of teachers in the Middle and Upper Schools, with a primary focus on teaching Maths and English.
Teaching staff will:
● Carry out teaching duties as required and in accordance with the school’s schemes of work and National Curriculum guidelines.
● Plan and deliver high quality lessons and liaise with colleagues to deliver lessons in a collaborative way.
● Work with Learning Assistants and class teachers to ensure the best outcomes for all children.
● Teach according to the educational needs of the pupils assigned to him/her, including setting and marking work considered desirable for the good performance of the pupils in terms of academic and social development.
● Seek to motivate, support and stretch pupils to achieve their full potential.
● Demonstrate exemplary classroom practice.
● Take responsibility for a group of pupils as their tutor and deliver PHSE as directed by the Head of PHSE.
● Expand one’s knowledge, understanding and skills by keeping up to date with recent education initiatives and literature.
● Contribute to the review of appropriate policies and procedures.
● Monitor the condition and safe use of classroom equipment and facilities.
● Follow standard, ‘whole school’ agreed policies.
● Work with parents to enable them to understand the teaching programme, pupil assessment and how to help their children progress.
Staff must have a willingness to contribute to the co-curriculum life of the School.
The full Applicant Information Pack is available here:
Interviews will be on site and you will have an opportunity to see the school environment during an interview.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years
Founded in 1935, we are a vibrant and successful day and boarding prep (IAPS) school for boys and girls aged between 3 and 13, characterised by a genuine commitment to the pursuit of excellence. There are currently 525 pupils at the School with a fam...