Responsible to: Headteacher
Responsible for: Carrying out the duties of a subject teacher as set out in the most recent Teacher’s Pay & Conditions Document. Your aim is to be an effective teacher who challenges and supports all our children to do their best and achieve their potential in the ethos of Sidney Stringer Primary Academy.
Core purpose: To meet high professional standards in respect of:
• Relationships with children
• Communicating and working with others
• Knowledge and understanding
• Skills to achieve consistent high quality learning and teaching across the Academy
• Promotion of a love of learning.
General teaching duties: To plan effectively to meet the needs of all pupils:
• Developing creative and rigorous Schemes of Work and planning lessons which engage children to implement the Academy learning and teaching policy.
• Matching the design of lessons to the ability of pupils.
• Taking account of the need for progression in pupils’ learning experience.
To teach and manage pupils’ learning by:
• Ensuring effective teaching of whole class groups or individuals
• Establishing a purposeful,stimulating and safe learning environment conducive to learning and identify opportunities for learning in out-of-school contexts
• Setting high expectations of students’ behaviour, through good classroom discipline, adherence to Academy climate for learning policy, focused teaching and productive relationships
• Using teaching methods which take account of different learning styles
• Using skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT to support teaching and wider professional activities.
• Plan for, organise and direct the work of support staff.
To ensure pupils progress and that they meet or exceed their targets by:
• Having high expectations of children , based on a sound knowledge of their prior, present and potential attainment.
• Providing challenge and support within lessons.
• Reporting to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
• Giving clear and constructive feedback to children on how to move their learning forward.
To manage one’s own performance and enhance the working atmosphere and ethos in the Academy by:
• Applying Academy policies and practices consistently
• Working as a team member, identifying opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing development of effective practice
• Setting an example to pupils in work ethic, conduct, dress, punctuality and attendance
• Taking responsibility for one’s own professional development, setting objectives for Improvement and keeping up to date in subject expertise and teaching skills
• Maintaining effective working relationships with teaching and support staff.
To support the wider life of the Academy community and its individuals:
• Work to published timescales for reports, publications and events
• Carry out procedures to satisfy Academy policy and practice
• Carry out weekly duties.
To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may well be reasonably required and which are consistent with the role.
To participate in performance management arrangements.
To adhere to published school policies and procedures.
To attend regular meetings with line manager.