Based at any of our 25 Focus school campuses nationally
Focus Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a professional able to teach AS and A2 Business Studies both face to face and online, by video conferencing, to our campuses nationally. A second subject of Accounts is desirable.
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of our schools. Teachers benefit from supportive colleagues and positive relationships with parents.
As small schools, online Teaching by video conference fulfils an important role in ensuring cohorts of students in our sister campuses have access to high quality education in specialist subject areas without requiring face to face content delivery.
We operate a flipped and self-directed style of teaching and learning which involves the use of pre-recorded video tutorials, online self-directed learning assignments via our ‘Canvas’ Learning Platform, as well as live video conferencing classes, small group and one to one scenarios. The monitoring of student progress and timely provision of appropriate feedback and individual support is regarded as essential to ensuring the success of the role.
- Excellent working environment with good resources for teaching and learning
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
- Students that are hardworking and positive about their learning
- Supportive colleagues and community
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Access to our new teacher academy, providing an opportunity to enhance your teaching experience with support for continued professional development, including our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme
- Access to cutting edge, world leading educational practice as part of the largest network of schools globally
Applicants should be passionate about raising student achievement and ensuring every child reaches their potential.
For more information around Focus Learning Trust, please visit our website: www.focus-school.com and our LinkedIn page.
Closing Date for completed application forms is Friday 25th May 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing 29th May 2018
Focus Schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment