Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021 to teach A-level and IB. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an international boarding school that supports students in their last two years of secondary school and aims to offer its pupils a superior education abroad, thorough preparation for university and access to a future that knows no borders. Their students maximize their potential through the IB Diploma or A-Level programme and a majority of them progress to university courses in the UK.
The academy is part of the world’s leading private education organisation. Founded in 1965, it has helped more than three million students realise their ambitions of studying abroad. With more than 200 schools and offices around the world, EF has a truly global reach. They understand the many difficulties overseas student may encounter studying abroad and so they place great emphasis on their responsibility to support, guide and assist students in adjusting to life in the UK. The majority of students are housed in one of their purpose-built modern boarding houses whilst a few are housed with local families who have been visited and vetted by staff.
A friendly and ambitious sixth-form college for highly motivated international students, the academy offers A-levels and the IB Diploma on a beautiful campus close to the centre of Oxford. Top University placement and promoting academic extension opportunities are high on the school’s agenda. Mathematics is a very popular A-level and IB option and many students progress to read Mathematics-related degrees every year. Teachers new to the profession or experienced teachers are welcome to apply. International experience and/or experience working with ESL learners is desirable.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring high quality teacher and student progress under the direction of the Head of Faculty
- Ensuring the teaching of engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve student attainment
- Ensuring all lessons are well-planned
- Instigating on your own initiative effective intervention to help students
- Ensuring that students make very good or outstanding progress towards individual, Faculty and Academy targets
- Promoting Maths-related academic/intellectual/cultural enrichment
- Contribution to the Academic Tutorial system and extra curricular
- Contribution to the weekend activities programme once a term
The Successful Candidate:
- Good honours degree in Maths or related subject
- Qualified teachers status
- Successful teacher who has a strong impact on students' progress
- Good knowledge and can communicate this in ways that fire students' enthusiasm for the subject
- Experience of teaching ESL learners is desirable
- IB experience is desirable
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1431014
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...