Teacher of A Level Law
£25,570 - £41,732 pro-rata (depending on experience)
0.861fte-1.0, Maternity Cover
Bilborough College is a highly successful provider of post-16 education to approximately 1850 students. We are committed to excellence, innovation and opportunities for students in all that we do. We are looking for a Teacher of A Level Law with the opportunity to join a dynamic and committed team who have consistently ensured that their students achieve success and enjoy their courses. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to our students’ experience at Bilborough and to be part of a “welcoming and inclusive” organisation where students are “proud of their college” and demonstrate “exemplary behaviour and conduct”, according to our most recent Ofsted report (Jan 2020).
The successful candidate will either be an outstanding teacher with a successful record of teaching or a newly qualified teacher (NQT) with a successful teaching placement. NQTs will be provided with excellent support to achieve QTS/ QTLS status.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has high expectations of students and a growth mindset, anticipating high levels of success for all.
- Is able to motivate and inspire students, raising attainment across the full spectrum of ability ranges.
- Is interested in helping students prepare for the next stage of their education and working lives as well as their current studies.
- Is enthusiastic and resourceful, with an optimistic and positive outlook.
- Understands that long-term planning, sequencing and checking of learning are as important as good day-to-day lessons.
- Is adaptable, flexible and innovative with regard to new technologies and platforms.
- If you have these skills and attitudes, we would love to hear from you. You will require a full teaching qualification (or be an NQT working towards this).
We are a Sixth Form College with a diverse student community. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities as they are currently under-represented within our teaching staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to pre-employment screening including DBS clearance. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For further details, email email@example.com, or call 0115 851 5861. To request an application form in an alternative format, please contact the HR Assistant on the same number. CVs will only be accepted alongside a completed application form.
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held week commencing 26th April 2021
- with academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of age 16 - 19 years